Valentine’s Day lands on February 14th every year, and yet many people still leave it to the last minute to rush and find the perfect gift. This year, show your valentine that you have a creative side with a funny DIY gift (Bonus: They are SUPER simple to make!)
If your valentine is a student or teacher this “punny” gift is the perfect choice.
- Cut a rectangle of construction paper that is wider than the ruler
- Use an exact-o-knife to create slots to slide the ruler through
- Decorate construction paper with ‘You Rule’ text
- Slide Ruler through construction paper
Your valentine may roll their eyes or even groan when they see this gift, but just remind them that it’s the thought that counts!
When your sweetheart has a sweet tooth, there is no better way to show your love
- Cut out heart shape from construction paper
- Tape heart onto Mason Jar
- Spray paint Mason Jar with colour of your choosing
- Remove the construction paper heart
- Fill with candy of your choice
- Put lid on jar and tie with Ribbon.
Be sure to choose a tasty candy when filling the sweetheart jar because you might just get lucky…and get to share some of the candy!
Show them you care by taking an interest in their safety. They may light up your life but the reactor emergency light will light up their hallways in case of a power outage
- Cut out light bulb shape from construction paper
- Decorate to look like a light bulb
- Add the text ‘You Light Up My Life’
- Tape light bulb cut out to reactor light
Valentine’s Day is important, but remember that safety always comes first!
Let your valentine know that you dig them with a gift that’s fun and can be filled with their favourite tasty treats.
- Cut gift tag out of construction paper
- Write ‘I Dig You’ and decorate as you’d like
- Place Candy in Pail
- Tape tag onto pail
I bet you didn’t think we could make a pun out of that one!
Bring out the big kid in your better half with bubbles! Because really, you’re never too old to play with bubbles!
- Cut a rectangular piece of construction paper that is larger than the bubbles container
- Write ‘You Blow Me Away!’ on the construction paper
- Decorate as you’d like
- Use a utility knife to cut small holes into the cardboard
- Slide ribbon through the holes and tie the bubbles to the card
Your valentine is sure to be blown away by your hilarious gift giving!
Is your valentine a master chef? If so, this gift is both funny and functional.
- Cut out fun shape from construction paper
- Write ‘I Flippin’ Love You’ and decorate as you’d like
- Tape a ribbon to the back of the tag and tie it to the flipper & baked goods mix.
They say the fastest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach … do you think this counts?
The movie fanatic in your life with reel with excitement at this delicious gift
- Cut our rectangle from Construction Paper
- Write ‘You Make my Heart Pop’ and decorate as you’d like
- Tape tag onto popcorn container
- Fill with your favourite snacks (popcorn, chocolate, etc.)
This gift is sure to steal the spotlight!
Do you have any other unique DIY gift ideas? Tell us about them in the comments below.